Lockleys Bowling Club was founded in 1913. The greens were then at Cross Street, but to meet increased membership the move to the current location (46 Rutland Avenue, Lockleys) was completed in 1964.
In 2006 the Constitution was changed so that men and ladies sections were integrated for the purposes of managing the club, although men’s and ladies pennant competitions and tournaments remain separate except for the mixed pairs.
The wonderful layout of the clubhouse and the four greens influenced the club being chosen as the venue for two Jack High singles championships in the 1980s, with winners being well known NSW bowlers Ken Williams and Ian Schubach. This led ten years later to selection as the venue for the World Bowls Championship of 1996. The club has been further recognised by being chosen as the main venue for the World Bowls Championships in 2012.
The four greens and the banks were refurbished in 2005-06 and are second to none in Adelaide.
We welcome new members, and provide free coaching through our qualified coaches.